A Flexible, AI-enabled CUAS Ecosystem
Aurora’s counter-drone technology includes a low-collateral effects UAS interceptor drone, fixed wing and multi-rotor aerial targets, and hardware-in-the-loop simulation software. Each component of our counter-UAS tool set is flexible and rapidly evolving to meet our customers’ needs.
Modular Intercept Drone Avionics Set (MIDAS)
MIDAS is Aurora’s AI-enabled, multi-rotor sUAV outfitted with optical sensors and a customized payload that can defeat multiple small UAVs per flight with low-collateral effects.
- Autonomous from launch through landing
- Cued by radar; optical sensor guides to target
- Precise aiming independent of flight direction
- Low system cost and low cost per kill
- Ground radar interoperability and future proof AI algorithms
Aurora’s multi-rotor sUAV also offers an open architecture for payload integration. Its quick-change modular rails and onboard computer support variable payloads, providing flexibility for evolving threats and alternate use-cases.
Red Team Unmanned Aerial Targets
Red Team are reconfigurable, Group-1 Counter-UAS training assets. Both fixed-wing and multi-rotor configurations offer a low-cost solution for counter-UAS testing and training missions.
- Standardized vehicle-agnostic avionics architecture
- Fully autonomous, requiring minimal operator training
- Custom control system and mission planning software
- Pre-planned threat behaviors: bombing run, terminal guidance, ISR, moving loiter
- Open-architecture modular payload bay
Multi-SUAS Hardware In The Loop Simulator (HILSIM)
Aurora’s HIL-Simulation software creates a virtual wargaming environment for operator training and tactics development.
- Actual Red Team avionics hardware-realistic behavior
- Modular with flexibility to scale
- Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTP) development tool
- Supports CONOPS development and virtual mission testing