From Vision to Mission, We Engineer the Future of Flight
Aurora Flight Sciences specializes in creating advanced aircraft through the development of intuitive autonomous systems, novel configurations, electric propulsion, and complex composite structures.
Optionally Piloted Aircraft
Centaur is a flexible, multi-role system for piloted, hybrid, or remotely piloted flight operations. A cost-effective solution, Centaur offers:
- The high degree of safety and redundancy of manned aircraft with the payload capacity and endurance of a large unmanned system
- A versatile solution for ISR operations, with a multi-mode AESA surveillance radar, stabilized HD EO/IR system, and dual AIS receiver
- A highly reliable platform with a triplex flight control system, dual redundant primary flight controls, and an automated contingency management system
Each component of our counter-UAS tool set is flexible and rapidly evolving to meet our customers’ needs. Aurora’s counter-drone solution includes:
- MIDAS, an AI-enabled counter-UAS interceptor that can defeat multiple small UAVs per flight with low-collateral effects
- Red Team, group-1 aerial targets that offer a low-cost, reconfigurable solution for counter-UAS testing and training
- HIL-Simulation software that creates a virtual wargaming environment for operator training and tactics development
Odysseus is a solar-powered aircraft designed to deliver missions from the stratosphere. Its global reach, flexible payload capacity, and persistent operation offers capabilities for a variety of use cases, including:
- Continuous detection, protection, and connectivity for defense ISR missions
- Long-term, high-resolution observation for weather and climate research
- Connectivity to bridge the gaps of today’s satellite and terrestrial networks for the commercial communications industry
Urban Air Mobility
Aurora is committed to the development of aircraft and technologies that will lead to safe, sustainable, and seamless mobility. We are executing projects at the cutting edge of urban air mobility such as:
- Supporting Wisk as they design, certify, and bring a self-flying electric vertical takeoff and landing (eVTOL) aircraft to market
- Studying the future of personal urban air mobility and the extension of urban traffic into the airspace
- Leveraging our Passenger Air Vehicle prototype to inform design decisions and further research in autonomy and electric propulsion
Medium-Altitude Long-Endurance UAS
Revolutionary Endurance in a Flexible ISR and Communications Platform.
- The Orion medium-altitude, long-endurance (MALE) unmanned aircraft offers revolutionary range, duration, affordability, and flexibility.
- Capable of a five-day mission while carrying 1,000 lbs.
- Orion’s operational efficiency is unmatched, making it an ideal solution for persistent airborne intelligence, surveillance, reconnaissance, and communications.