Research & Technology Sector
The Research & Technology Sector is an agile and highly innovative organization within Aurora Flight Sciences that focuses on developing the next generation of advanced, autonomous flight systems. Equally capable of supporting both commercial and government customers, the R&T sector specializes in the core technologies of autonomy, electric propulsion, advanced manufacturing, advanced aircraft design, and operations in the global airspace system.
The R&T Sector’s overarching mission is to:
- Put autonomy to work by performing tasks for and with humans
- Enable flight vehicles to operate with increasing levels of autonomy
- Develop technologies for rapid production of low-cost, high-performance aircraft
- Demonstrate and field affordable, high efficiency, and high reliability electric propulsion systems
- Develop innovative aircraft that achieve revolutionary gains in performance and capabilities
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, Aurora’s R&T Sector includes premier engineering teams in Silicon Valley and in Switzerland. Our locations in some of the world’s leading innovation ecosystems allows Aurora to collaborate with outstanding talent from world-class universities.