Panoptes Systems Corporation was founded in 2014 as a business division of Aurora Flight Sciences. The company’s mission is to accelerate the introduction of unmanned aircraft into the national airspace system by enabling their safe and efficient operation in any application. Panoptes’ accomplished team of engineers and the institutional knowledge from Aurora have equipped the company with the ability to break the mold on innovative and scalable technologies for unmanned aircraft.
The recently developed eBumper4 is Panoptes’ first step toward achieving the greater goal of efficient collision avoidance for drones. The eBumper4 allows consumer drone operators to fly with confidence, knowing that their investment is protected by an unparalleled obstacle avoidance system. Designed as a retrofit kit that installs in minutes, eBumper4 is an affordable, lightweight add-on for some of the most widely-owned consumer drones on the market – the DJI Phantom 2 and the 3D Robotics Iris+.
- Front, lateral and upward sonar sensors detect items up to a distance of 15 feet away
- eBumper autocorrects the drone’s trajectory, “bumping” the drone away from the approaching obstacle
- Auto-takeoff feature and an indoor mode help operators precisely maneuver through tight spaces
- Quick and easy self-installation kit
- Compatible with DJI Phantom 2 and the 3D Robotics Iris+