Aurora Flight Sciences is a leader in the development and manufacturing of advanced
unmanned systems and aerospace vehicles. Aurora is headquartered in Manassas, VA
and operates production plants in Bridgeport, WV and Columbus, MS; and a Research
and Development Center in Cambridge, MA.
We are committed to research, testing, and verification in a hands-on environment
staffed by exceptional people. It is understood that risk must be accepted.
Our core values include:
- The integrity of data presented is essential
- A sense of urgency and a bias towards action must be maintained
- The focus should be on fixing problems rather than blame
- The merit of ideas is more important than their originator's position in the company
- Personal accountability must be instilled throughout the organization
- Leadership is best done by example
2013 Employee Exceptional Service Award
The secret to Aurora continues to be its people. Each quarter, we present an Exceptional
Service Award that recognizes employees for their accomplishments and dedication
to the company. Winners in 2014 include:
Aurora Overview Fact Sheet
Sharon Roberts – For her excellence in contract negotiations and professionalism working with Gulfstream and Bell Helicopter.
José Ortiz – For unfaltering commitment, motivation, technical excellence, dependability, and a very high output on the Orion program.
Graham Drozeski – For his leadership on the AACUS Phase I flight tests, flying over 109 flight hours which were key to our winning Phase II.
Derek Jackson – For his significant effort developing a ‘customer agreed approach’ for PDR, CDR, and CERT which substantially improved a key structures program.